Yassir is the leading super App for on demand and payment services in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 26 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (+$43M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world including Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally. Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era. We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Software Engineer
- In this role, you will be part of our engineering team, working with a high-quality code base and the latest tools, where you will promote your skills to be an expert in complex backend development, including microservices architecture, using Node.js, Python or Go.
- You will own and build large scale backend systems and micro-services.
- You will design, develop, and deliver powerful server-side applications in a highly dynamic environment, where root cause analysis and rapid problem-solving are required.
- Build robust and scalable software in Node.js, Python or Go
- Design and create (micro)services and system architecture for projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve existing code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the engineering and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Other key skills and traits:
- A B.Sc Degree in Computer or any equivalent experience
- M.Sc degree and above preferred
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Must have technical skills with at least 1 year experience
- Language: Node.js, Python or Go
- Data base: Mongodb or other.
- Framework: Express.js or other.
- Web architecture: Rest and restful APIs, micro-services
- Master source version control: GIT
- Nice to have technical skills (Strongly advised for senior profiles)
- Containers: Docker, kubernetes
- Caching, Redis server
- Web load balancing
- OS administration
- Encryption : https//, digital signing
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Procurement or legal background is a big plus
- Excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and obsessive about details
- Hard working, passionate and looking to embrace the challenge
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Enthusiastic about Yassir!
Why you should join YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: