StarBox Technologies, a leading creative design and technology company based in Abuja, Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fullstack WordPress Developer
Employment Type: Contract
Expected Start Date: April 3, 2023
- We do not use page builders (e.g. Elementor, WPBakery), thus, the successful candidates will have strong frontend skills and good experience in custom theme development. This position is fully remote.
Our Technology Stack
Our website solutions are built on WordPress for content management and eCommerce. Our WordPress builds usually include the following technologies/workflows:
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) Pro with custom post-types & taxonomies
- Gutenberg Block Editor and ACF Blocks integration
- WooCommerce eCommerce platform with payment APIs and Mailchimp integration
- Managed hosting with automated cloud backups
- Custom-developed plugins
Our bespoke website themes are developed with the following tools/technologies/workflows:
- Backend: PHP 8, MySQL 8, WHM & CPanel
- Workflow: WPGulp, Git + Github, LocalWP
What You Will Do
- Creating bespoke, responsive and interactive website themes from approved designs and specifications.
- Build and configure the backend WordPress CMS client experience.
- Create reusable PHP functions for custom themes and plugins, in line with the WordPress Codex guidelines.
- Work with a team of developers, designers and product managers to execute strategies and implement solutions on larger projects.
- Carry out website updates, backups and general maintenance.
- Be able to read, understand and write functional code documentation.
- Good experience implementing functional and object-oriented solutions with PHP.
- Deep knowledge of the WordPress core platform, ecosystem, coding standards and how to extend WordPress correctly with bespoke code.
- Experience with our technology stack especially ACF Pro and building custom blocks with ACF Pro.
- Experience with our preferred workflow including Git version control, NPM and WPGulp.
- Extensive experience creating bespoke WordPress themes and plugins from scratch.
- Experience building e-commerce websites with the WooCommerce framework.
- Ability to carry out rigorous testing, including cross-browser, cross-device, end-to-end workflows.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, strong problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- Appetite for learning and continuous improvement.
- Confidence in researching your own solutions and being able to justify your decisions.
- You have a reliable laptop/PC and access to fast internet.
What to expect from us:
- This role is contract-based with an opportunity to become full-time. We offer attractive compensations for each project undertaken.
- Access to web development courses and training materials.
- The role is fully remote and we’re open to flexible schedules.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Your application will include a link to at least one WordPress website project you have completed recently using our preferred technology stack outlined previously. Good luck!
Our Hiring Process
We have a 2-part hiring process that includes a test project and then a video interview:
- Test Project: In order to qualify for the position, you will complete a single-page test website project to demonstrate your proficiency with our technology stack. We estimate this to take between 1-2 days to complete, depending on your skill level.
- Interview: The interview is more personal in nature and focuses on behavioural and people skills.