Moniepoint is a global business payments and banking platform and recently became QED Investors’ first investment in Africa. We are the partner of choice for over 600,000 businesses of all sizes, powering the dreams of SMBs and providing them with equal access to the tools they need to grow and scale.
Moniepoint Incorporated (formerly TeamApt Inc.) was founded with the vision to create a society where everyone experiences financial happiness. We are the parent company of TeamApt Limited, a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) licensed Switch and Processor, and Moniepoint Microfinance Bank, a CBN-licensed Microfinance Bank.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer (Java)
Location: Lagos (Remote)
What you’ll get to do
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- B.Sc / BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- 5+ years of Java and Spring boot experience
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with:
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS.
What we can offer you
- Culture - We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
Application Closing Date
What to expect in the hiring process:
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A live take-home coding exercise
- A technical interview with a Lead in our Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
Note: Moniepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: