OppApp is a new early-stage Educational technology (EdTech) and Service Provider startup based on an ambitious & exciting, yet realistic product vision. Africa is the world's youngest continent and expanding the fastest. The number of young people working in Africa will rise to 375 million by 2030. The International Monetary Fund estimates that by 2035, there will be more young Africans joining the workforce each year than there are in the rest of the world put together due to population growth on the continent. The number of young individuals looking for work is much higher than the number of opportunities that are open to them. The skills of young people entering the workforce and the needs of companies are also out of sync.
Many young people will have trouble finding employment to better their living conditions if nothing is done. We have spent the last six months investigating the finest methods for creating the talent workflow system that will assist in matching African talents with opportunities. Currently, at the stage of developing the prototype system and business processes. We'll close the skills gap and provide African talent greater job chances. The founders are individuals with top academic background, professional experience in leading companies at leadership positions & strong technical background. The aim of the company is to become a “unicorn” (one-billion-dollar valuation) in the next 3-5 years as the product-market is considerably validated. The company’s values are centered on meritocracy, reason, entrepreneurship, and empathy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Brand Strategist (Sweat Equity)
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The individuals who will be hired at this position will be given a significant amount of equity given that the company is at ideation stage.
- The person is fully remote.
- The company is in its pre-seed with interest from few VCs once an MVP is made and possible grants from NEAR protocol.
- We are at a critical stage in our growth and have an urgent need for a Senior Brand Strategist. Ideally, we want someone with previous startup experience who has experience in all phases of the design process.
- We are looking for someone to join our Executive Team as our Senior Brand Designer reporting to our CMO, who is passionate about helping organizations win and bringing out the best in people.
- We are looking for a Brand Strategist to help us grow our reputation in the market and appeal to a larger audience. Brand Strategist responsibilities include analyzing consumer insights, crafting plans for our creative team and developing guidelines to promote our company across various channels including Social Media. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with brand management and a good understanding of our industry. Ultimately, you will ensure our brand message and tone are consistent across all online and offline channels.
- The main function of a Strategist is to work with senior stakeholders to develop and implement local, regional and global strategies to achieve the business' goals. They will support the creation of future goals and KPI's in alignment with the global and regional strategies and lead the strategic vision across the relevant areas of the business.
- The ideal person for this role had deep experience in building brands relevant to consumers and is comfortable diving into ambiguity.
- They have a strong background in developing insights-driven brand strategies that solve business problems. They are a doer with the ability to influence, collaborate and drive cross-org alignment on some of our most timely and high-priority brand initiatives.
- They are a highly skilled communicator with a proven ability to ask and answer difficult questions, advise stakeholders, and be a true partner to creative teams.
- Gather feedback from sales and analyze consumer behavior to define our company’s positioning
- Craft our differentiation strategy.
- Create guidelines that define our company’s voice both online and offline (including terminology and slogans)
- Brief our creative team about marketing projects they’ll be working on (for example ebooks, email campaigns and advertising banners).
- Conduct competitive research to identify our strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to optimize hiring strategies.
- Build up the company's hiring/introduction pages.
- Help build up a company's internal resources.
- Design promotional campaigns for new products and markets
- Develop our social media strategy
- Assess the performance of our advertising campaigns and events
- Analyze market trends and identify new opportunities and challenges
- Development of a company wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion value proposition in partnership with research partners
- Development of a foundational brand vision for one of our major sub brands.
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Marketing or relevant field.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Brand Strategist or similar role in Marketing
- Recruitment branding experience
- Social Media branding expertise
- Portfolio of brand-building projects is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Experience developing marketing strategies based on market segmentation
- Data-driven thinking
- Communication and writing skills
- Work sample/portfolio
- 7+ years experience in a strategist or planning role at a brand-side company, agency or consultancy
- Experience leveraging data, research and insights to inform strategies and recommendations
- Experience building research plans and partnering with insights teams
- Experience with with segmentation and marketing to diverse audiences
- Experience developing brand architecture, naming systems, and messaging frameworks.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that requires deep collaboration across teams
- An ability to maintain a view of the overarching picture, while going deep on details
- Experience developing strategies for and partnering with creative and/or design teams
- Experience using brand strategy to inform product experiences.
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningful early-stage shares equity
- Large token allocation
- A well thought through concept and business plan with early-stage validation
- No salary until funding can be achieved, all pending salary arrears will be prorated and paid upon funding.
- Remote Flexibility
- Tons of influence and input, you will not be a cog in a wheel here!
- Co-Founder and Director
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, Portfolio, and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- So, if you’re a seasoned Senior Brand Strategist with 5+years of experience, please apply.
- This is a startup, there is no salary until we can raise. Founder is open to team members having a main job until funding is secured.
- Again this is NOT A PAID POSITION, this is for equity in company & a large token allocation. Once we generate revenue or receive an investment then we can pay ourselves salary. All pending salary arrears will be prorated and paid upon funding.