Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Employment Type: Permanent
- Implement, monitor and support robust, stable and highly available Databases that drive Interswitch business solutions.
- Manage SQL Server databases, Oracle, MongoDB and other noSQL instances through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-toend.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Carry out Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Carry out database backups, restore and recovery.
- Implement and manage High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for databases
- Develop and Optimize SQL Scripts
- Manage the reliability and accessibility of Interswitch Big Data Solutions.
Education and Experience
- Good First Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or other related area
- Microsoft Operating Systems & Database Certifications (e.g. MCP)
- Service Management Certifications (e.g. ITIL)
- Project Management Certifications
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- Minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: