Moniepoint is a global business payments and banking platform and recently became QED Investors’ first investment in Africa. We are the partner of choice for over 600,000 businesses of all sizes, powering the dreams of SMBs and providing them with equal access to the tools they need to grow and scale.
Moniepoint Incorporated (formerly TeamApt Inc.) was founded with the vision to create a society where everyone experiences financial happiness. We are the parent company of TeamApt Limited, a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) licensed Switch and Processor, and Moniepoint Microfinance Bank, a CBN-licensed Microfinance Bank.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Frontend Engineer (Angular)
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- The Senior Front-end Engineer is required to produce and implement functional software solutions for web clients.
- You will be using the angular js and/or angular 6+ & application framework
- Experience with these frameworks is an added advantage but you can apply if you have experience with similar J.S frameworks.
- You will work with the Enterprise Architect to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
- In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision.
- You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- You are also required to have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies.
- Your primary goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technology.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Computer Science or related skills
- At least 5 years proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
What we can offer you
- Culture - We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
Application Closing Date
What to expect in the hiring process:
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A take-home design task with a Lead in our Product and Design team (for front end roles)
- A technical interview with a Lead in our Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
Note: Moniepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: