The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU.
Company/Organisation(s): African Union (AU)
Internship Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Internship Duration: 3-6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelors, Masters & PhD
Nationality: African countries
African Union (AU) Internship Program | What to Expect
The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment.
As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
To be eligible for African Union (AU) Internship Program for African Students, applicants are expected the following conditions:
- Nationals of the African Union’s Member States;
- Students enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in final year of study)/ postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning;
- Fluent in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese, Kishwahili);
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 32 at the time of application;
- Meet the requirements specified in the terms of reference.
How-to-Apply: All internship applications MUST be submitted through the AU Careers portal at: https://careers.au.int.
Candidates interested to apply for internship with the African Union Commission should kindly send the following document to email@example.com
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending.
Application Deadline: Not Stated