Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship: The Government of Kaduna State in Nigeria is inviting applications for its inaugural Fellowship program target at young Nigerians from ages 25-35 years.
Application Deadline: 8th February 2023
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To Be Taken At (Country): Nigeria
About Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship:
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship (KIF) is a one-year non-partisan leadership training programme for young Nigerians between the age of 25-35 years. The one-year Fellowship aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade. Established in 2018, KIF is an initiative of the Kaduna State Government (KDSG).
Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme comprises of four components, namely;
- Work Placement
- Education Programme
- Community Service
Type: Fellowship (Professional)
Eligibility for Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship:
- Age range 25-35 years (MAXIMUM AGE OF 35 WHEN THE FELLOWSHIP ENDS)
- Graduate from an accredited University
- Completed NYSC
Selection Criteria: The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme.
Selection Criteria Include:
- Diversity: The programme will admit sixteen (16) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational, economic, and geographic experiences; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of integrity and exemplary achievement.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level.
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities, to full-time residence in Kaduna for the entire duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be graduates of a recognised university, and must have completed the mandatory national youth service.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship:
- A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor.
- Accommodation: Boarding (and breakfast) is provided in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the Fellowship.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply for Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship:
- There are no paper forms to complete, there is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the specified deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to write an essay based on the relevant essay topic (1000 words maximum), submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), and details of two (2) referees.
- An important part of the application is the Personal Statement where you have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have accomplished and what your goals are for the future as we want to see people who have had a track record of imbibing change and are looking forward to making change as they move forward