MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa Academy Program: It is with pride that we announce that the M-Net Magic in Motion (MIM) programme will now be known as the MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa (MTF ZA) in line with MultiChoice Africa’s broader MTF programme.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2023
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
About the Award:
If you frame your world through camera angles, narrate reality like a movie script, and edit the montage of your life like a film director, then here’s a flash-forward into your future – MultiChoice Africa is calling all aspiring film directors, DOPs, sound guys, and scriptwriters to help us ignite Africa’s creative industries. Who knows, perhaps one day your name will be rolling across the closing credits on our DStv channels.
MTF South Africa is a 12-month long industry readiness programme that affords the opportunity to learn from some of the leading Industry experts in the country, while acquiring valuable experience in directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.
The programme has three pillars:
- MTF South Africa Academy– a one year internship academy for university graduates from qualifying institutions who meet the academic qualifying criteria.
- MTF South Africa Scriptwriting Incubator– a one year programme for budding scriptwriters. This programme is not limited to university graduates.
- MTF South Africa Bursary Programme– Full one year tuition for second year or higher university students from qualifying institutions who meet the academic and the financial need criteria will be considered.
MultiChoice Talent Factory graduates will also showcase their portfolio of work on the MTF Portal – a database for film professionals across the continent, where they can access job opportunities, keep up to date with industry news, and expand their network.
At MultiChoice Africa, the African entertainment industry is at the core of who we are and what we do. This social investment programme shows our commitment – alongside long-term partnerships with government, stakeholders and creative organisations – to develop Africa’s creative industries into vibrant, economic centres. This is how MultiChoice uses the power of entertainment to enrich lives.
Type: Training, Internship
Eligibility: Applications to be part of MultiChoice Talent Factory ZA (MTFza) Academy class of 2022 are now open. MTF is a 12-month long industry readiness program that allows learning from some of the leading TV producers in the country while acquiring valuable experience in directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction, and many other skills.”
- Internships only available to South African citizens
- Must have completed (in 2021/ or completing (in 2022), a 3year Diploma / Degree in Film and TV or related qualification
- Must have achieved a minimum of C + Aggregate
Value of Program:
- The Academy interns will receive hands-on training in producing, directing, cinematography, production commissioning, concept creation, script writing, sound, art direction, editing, post-production and more. The course has been designed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical implementation to produce highly employable professionals.
- Upon completion of the 12-month curriculum, Multichoice will choose three exceptional interns to produce their own films and like years past, some of these movies could find their way onto a small screen near you.
How to Apply: